So much of healthy living is made up of small things we do daily, but that when done consistently over time, add up to produce big results.
Here are 7 tips to live a healthier and happier life – so easy you can make them daily habits:
1. Drink up once you wake up – Starting your day by re-hydrating with a full glass of water helps to aid digestion, enhance skin health, and boost energy.
2. Take the stairs– Fall in love with taking the stairs especially where there’s the option of an elevator because you’ll be strengthening and toning your legs and core while you’re at it.
3. Show veggies some love – A simple hack for healthy eating (and portion control) is to make half your plate veggies at each meal.
4. Step it up – Using a smartwatch to track your steps is an excellent way to ensure that you’re getting enough physical activity. You can also program it to alert you when you’ve been sedentary for long thereby holding you accountable to your fitness.
5. Jazz up your interior with houseplants – Houseplants make the home beautiful and help to cleanse your indoor air. Research also shows that they improve mood, creativity, and problem-solving.
6. Develop a positive mindset – “Positive thinking brings positive outcomes” – It’s important to cultivate a positive mindset by recognizing negative thought patterns and neutralizing them with positive thoughts or affirmations.
7. Get enough shut-eye – Most adults need 7-9 hours of sleep each night. Ensure that you’re getting ample sleep. It helps to keep your bedroom cool at night, avoid blue light after dark and have a nice shower before you hit the sack.