The Covid-19 situation has brought about a new normal that not many have been able to adapt to. The past few weeks have seen residents of major Nigerian cities like Lagos, FCT Abuja and Ogun on total lockdown to enable the Federal Government to contain the risk of spreading the virus; while other cities observed partial lockdown.
While on lockdown, many acclimatized to doing remote work while a host of others found ways to pass the time while growing themselves through books and online courses. Parents also have to figure out online education for their kids and businesses begin to find a way to work around the situation.
And just when it felt like there was no end in sight to the lockdown, the Federal government eased the lockdown allowing minimal movement while enforcing the use of face masks, hand sanitizers, washing of hands and social distancing.
Here’s how different people welcomed it:
1. The ones who raced out of the house like they’ve been in prison despite not having any reason to go out.
2. The ones who grudgingly returned to work after enjoying the freedom of not having to wake up so early.
Oh well, back to it!
3. The ones who defy the social distancing warning and go to pull and push at the banks.
If I perish, I perish.
4. The ones who are not ready to take chances.
They peep at those going out from their windows.
5. The ones who go out armed with their hand sanitizers and covered from head to toe avoiding every human contact.
Because everyone is a suspect.
Whichever category you fall under, we encourage you to make sure to observe every NCDC recommended safety measures and stay home if you don’t absolutely have to go out.
Don’t forget to stay safe out there when you head out. Corona Virus is real.
Protect yourself, protect others.